Friday, September 7, 2007

Some things just don't seem fair


Em & I were first on seen today on our way home from work.
A young 20 y.o. man thought he could make a U-Turn on a very BUSY two lane street "Apple Valley Rd" with oncoming traffic only feet away from him. I'm sorry to say his distance judgement was off and he didn't make it.

He was hit by an unsupecting young mother "Jazmine" on her way to pick up her four year old son from pre-school, then her 3 older children. Jazmine was trapped in her mangled car for 1.5 hours as the apple valley fire dept used the jaws of life to completely cut her out of the wreckage. Jazmine was coherent and knew all the important answers to the questions we asked her. All she wanted was someone to help her get out of the mangled vehicle, she was pinned from her thighs down, with major cut's to her face and arms. I asked her if there was someone I could call to pick up her children and she was able to give me the name and phone numbers of her parents.

We called and they arrived quickly. Could you imagine seeing your child trapped in the wreckage of a vehicle with a life flight helicopter waiting in the background, as you stood by helpless? I did my best to comfort Jazmine and her parents and has able to pray with them. Her mother told me that Jazmine had recently moved to the high desert from Washington, so that they could help her as she continued her treatment for cancer. Wow somethings just don't seem right!

Please keep Jazmine and her family in prayer, as well as the young man that caused the accident, I'm sure he has a lot to deal with himself.

This is a reminder to us all, about just how serious we need to take our driving habits. I know it has made me stop and think!

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

Galatians 6:14 NIV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved with this including you! As a former firefighter, I know how much it can affect a bystander as much as the victims.