Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Apologies are in order

I have deleted all the links on my blog for now.

I never knew that the scrapping world had TOU, and certain requirements that we must follow. I just knew I liked scrapping and thought why not share with other's that can't like myself.

Well I as do all newbie's have a lot to learn in the Digi scrap world. and There are requirements that need to be meet and rules that we all should be following. I want to make sure that I do just that. So all links are deleted until I can get the required permission's, give credit to the deserving designers, and find the links back to their site's.

Now I may not be able to track down all the kit's I used (or piece's of kits) Heck, I may not even remember where I got must of the stuff I have. But you can believe I won't make this mistake again.

I truly apologies to all of you that I have used a kit, ric rac, button, ribbon or template from without recognizing you and giving you credit, not following your tou, or linking back to your site.

I sincerely hope you will understand that it was lack of knowledge and not intentionally meant to hurt anyone, to steal the glory or credit or to hurt any feelings.

Thank you to Amy and Shell for stepping up and notifying me of my wrong doing, without the two of you, this could have gotten a lot worse. I appreciate you pointing this out to me and allowing me to correct the problem and the kindness in which you do it.

If you see your creations on any of my pages, please let me know so I can give you credit. Just post a comment saying that I used your awesome designs and what they are so I can credit that post with your requirements.

To everyone else, I hope you understand why I deleted all the QP's and are in agreement that I was wrong.

Hugs Grams

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a alot to admit, your wrong doing.

Anonymous said...

Your gracious post was an inspiration. I don't know what happened but I just found your blog and your post really made me proud of you!

Hugs,
Thena
thena.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

You know - your apology is wonderful...most times designers are met with snears and venom.

However, I wanted to tell you this - if you post layouts without crediting..that's not so wrong. Crediting our work is certainly a courtesy, and we're grateful for it. Some do have it in their TOU's that it must be credited, but it's not everyone.

The issue really is with the QP's..you're giving other people work that was not yours...and I so appreciate your willingness to correct the issue quickly and without complaint! THANK YOU!

Pamela Gibson said...

i respect you so much for standing up and apologizing. We were all new at one point and we all make mistakes and its being up front about them that shows the kind of person we are. Your layouts are lovely and i encourage you to keep going :)